When people are about to move to a new home, most times, the animals that they have also are about to make a life changing move in to a new location. This can become stressful for the pet. I have two kitties that we share our home with. They run anywhere that they want, but thanks to Apartment Guide, I was able to create a new place for my kitties by participating in a blogger challenge.
Apartment Guide “A New Place For Your Pet” Blogger Challenge
I was asked by Apartment Guide to create a new place for my pets by doing things for them, such as purchasing new pet accessories or creating a new space within my home just for them. Here was my adventure! Right away, I knew what I wanted to get… something that we didn’t have; A kitty tower.
I got to PetSmart and there and my first thought was ‘Holy kitty heaven!’ There had to have been 50 different kitty towers in just about any size and shape.
I was going to get something small, but I decided to get the one that is on the far right. I have never really considered something too big, because usually when something is this nice comes a big price.
Whisker City Deluxe Wildcat Tower
- Regular Price: $179.99
- Sale Price: $139.99
- Allowance: $100.00
- My price: $39.99
While PetSmart had so many to choose from, I thought this would be a perfect fit in front of the kitties favorite spot in the living room – in front of a window. What do you think? I think I made the right choice! They LOVE it!
There are two cushy beds for each of them, a hoop that Oreo (smaller kitty) loves to hide from Milano, a cat nip toy on the bottom, and two scratching posts.
Milano loves to lay on the padded bed and look out the window at birds and squirrels.
My kitties are beyond ecstatic for their new kitty tower! Check them out in action. They have always had a nice space to play and run in, but it’s like this kitty tower is bringing out the energy in both of them.
With the kitty tower, I also bought the kitties some of their favorite toys. They love play mice! Every time we move a piece of furniture, we find one of these things. It’s pretty funny!
After transforming a part of my house for our kitties has truly done so much, not only for the kitties, but also for the family. We have a lot of fun watching these two chase each other and play in their space!
Whether you’re living, looking or moving, Apartment Guide will help point you in the right direction.I can say that each time we have moved, I have used Apartment Guide’s website because they have amazing tips. It doesn’t matter if you are moving to an apartment or a house – the tips helped us each time.
- Apartment Guide has tips for owning and caring for your pet whether you are in a large or small space. It’s helpful information no matter where you live.
- About 63% of all households in the U.S. have a pet (source: American Veterinary Medical Association) and the average cost of basic food, supplies, medical care and training for a dog or cat is $700 to $875 annually (Source: ASPCA.org).
- If you’re ready for a whole new space or are looking to move, Apartment Guide has the photos, floor plans, features and tips to help you find the perfect pet friendly apartment community.You can easily narrow your search to display communities that allow furry friends.
- Search for available apartments right within Apartment Guide’s Facebook page on the Search AG tab, and search for apartments with your Facebook friends by using the Search with Friends application on ApartmentGuide.com
Here is some more helpful information to help you:
- Apartment Guide provides an array of tips for people living with pets in any sized home.
- Whether you have a new home or a new pet, Apartment Guide provides some great ideas for how to Pet proof & keep your furry friend safe in your space.
- Have to move or travel but are worried about how your pet will handle it? Don’t fret, just check this list of Do’s and Don’ts of moving with pets first before hitting the road.
- Do you have a new pet? Learn more about how to de-clutter and introduce your four-legged friend to your space so they feel right at home.
- A walk in the pet park with Fido will be a breeze if you review Apartment Guide’s reminders about pet etiquette first.
Mommy Goggles gives this experience:
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own. Apartment Guide is owned by Consumer Source, Inc. Apartment Guide partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “A New Place For Your Pet” Blogger Challenge. As part of that program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the “A New Place For Your Pet” Blogger Challenge. Apartment Guide and Consumer Source believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Consumer Source’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
- One (1) winner will receive a $50.00 Gift Card to PetSmart so that you can pamper your pet(s) in your home or apartment
Mandatory (1 one time entry)
- LIKE Apartment Guide on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/apartmentguide?sk=app_116910141717341
- Answer the question that is on that page “What is your favorite way to pamper your pet?”
- THEN come back here and let me know what you selected.
Extra Entries (6 one time entries)
- Blog about this giveaway and leave the link to your blog post in the comments. (1 entry)
- Follow me @MommyGoggles on Twitter.
Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Follow @aptguide on Twitter and send a tweet that includes “I’m following @AptGuide & entered the #petplace #Giveaway for thanks to @MommyGoggles!” (1 entry total)
- Subscribe to our RSS Reader.
Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Add the Mommy Goggles tag to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the right side of my blog) Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Like Mommy Goggles on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MommyGogglesBlog
Post a comment letting me know you have done this AND what your Facebook name (1 entry total)
UNLIMITED ENTRIES (2 chances at unlimited daily entries)
Tweet the giveaway (copy & paste text below to Twitter. Leave link on comment entry) -OR- You can click the TWEET THIS button on the top or bottom of this post, it will take you directly to Twitter & it will write your tweet for you. Tweet & bring the link back here! You can tweet daily, but be sure to leave your link here, but you must also have the initial entry as asked above!
Post on a non-giveaway post
Post a link in a new comment saying what post you commented on (Unlimited entries)
- Winner will be chosen at random and backed up by post content.
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- For more specifics on how winners are drawn, click here
- Winners are posted here for reference
- Winner must not have won a Things Remembered prize pack within the last 60 days.
- Anyone is allowed to enter, but US shipping addresses only
- Contest ends on June 2, 2011 at 11:59 pm Central Time