I grew up being a fan on Betty Crocker. I have to say that my kids are mega fans, already! At almost 4 years old, Tucker loves to help bake in the kitchen. I think it is a great learning tool and fun thing for kids to do: Bake with their parents. I have found a website that is the ultimate answer for all your questions that you have in regards to spicing up an old meal that you make for your family. Make that old meal, but add some spark to it! The website, you ask?
This website rocks! It is free to join and you will be learning the ins and outs of cooking and baking, while interacting with Betty Crocker Kitchens experts LIVE during a class and connecting with an entire community of people just like you. What’s great is that you can do it in the comfort of your own kitchen whenever it best fits your schedule.
Each week for six weeks, The Mixer will feature a new class line up complete with recipe demos, tips & techniques, flavor secrets and much more.
- Week #1 – Kickin Chicken Recipes and tips for making juicy, mouthwatering chicken
- Week #2 – Pastabilities Secrets of building flavor that will allow you to create your own signature sauces
- Week #3 – Greens with Envy Recipes for go-to salads
- Week #4 – Viva Tortilla Taking taco night to a whole new level
- Week #5 – Wok it Out Stir-fry techniques and recipes for easy
- Week #6 – Small Bites-Big Flavors Dips and appetizers that are easy and flavorful and guiltless desserts
I think it is GREAT that classes are available online! I don’t have time to leave the house to go TO a class, so this is perfect!
Classes are held three times a week. Chat live with the Betty Crocker Kitchens Experts:
- Tuesdays 7 p.m. ET
- Wednesdays 9 p.m. ET
- Saturdays 4 p.m. ET
But don’t worry if you miss it, you can always go back to watch the class on demand and get in on the conversation. For complete details on each of the classes simply go to www.bettycrocker.com/themixer and register to become a member.It is easy as that!
Would you like to win a Betty Crocker gift basket to help get that spark started to an old meal?
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
- Post to me what is the one cooking gadget in the kitchen you can’t live without?
For extra entries:
- Twitter the giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Subscribe to my newsletter (on right sidebar)
- Add my main button to your site (on right sidebar)
Just the little tidbits about entries and what not
- Please be sure to leave your email address so I can contact the winner.
- Winner will be chosen at RANDOM and backed up by post content.
- ONE (1) winner will receive the above Betty Crocker Gift Basket
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
Contest will end on May 6, 2009 at 11:59 pm; central time