I use a Wolfgang Puck Bread Machine and love to make different things in it, other than just homemade bread. I have made pizza dough, as well as Monkey Bread. If you haven’t tried Monkey Bread – you are missing out!
Bread Machine Monkey Bread
Dough Ingredients (Put in machine in order as below)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In the order of ingredients, place in bread machine. Make sure the yeast is on top of the dry mixture & doesn’t touch the liquid, until the bread machine is started.
- At the top of the powdered mixture, place the yeast. Make sure that no liquid comes in contact with the yeast. Select dough cycle and press start.
- When dough is complete, place dough on floured surface, knead and roll dough in to a long tube shape.
- Cut dough in to 1 inch bites.
- Drop one chunk at a time into the sugar mixture. Thoroughly coat dough pieces. I like to use a sifted spoon to get excess sugar off the rolled dough.
- Layer them loosely in a greased Bundt or tube pan, staggering layers so you’re plopping each dough chunk over a space between two below.
- Chop Pecans
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, wisk together topping ingredients until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour topping mixture over coated rolls in baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!