We have a 1900 home and I am always doing something new to it to make it ‘ours’. I have painted, put down tiled carpet, remodeled my kitchen and so much more to make this our home. I get those random urges to change up a room, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money. There are so many ways that you can freshen you a room like put on a new coat of bright paint or even change the window treatments in that room; so many things can be done that won’t break the bank.
Whether you’re looking to cut down on monthly bills, bring some fun into a child’s room or infuse a bright color for a fresh look, Curtainworks.com, the new premier resource for contemporary and chic window treatments, offers unique décor solutions to any window decorating problem. I recently had an opportunity to work with CurtainWorks.com to do a complete window makeover. I thought about what room I wanted to make over and decided to work on my dining room. This, to me, is more of my office during the day, but it is our welcoming center point of our house so I like to keep it pretty, open, fresh and welcoming. I chose two panels in a beautiful sage green color.
Sailcloth Cotton Canvas Wide Grommet Panel
- Trendy tailored window panel features stylish metal grommets and contemporary styling!
- The panel is constructed of a soft, 100% cotton canvas duck cloth.
- Attractive metal grommets at the top measure 1.5 inches wide; to hang, simply thread a standard or decorative drapery rod through the grommets.
- Single, ultra-wide panel measures a generous 54 inches wide.
- Panel is sold individually.
Price ranges from $19.99 – $34.99 per panel, depending on your length.
I chose the Sailcloth Cotton Canvas Wide Grommet Panel in a sage green. I thought these would be perfect for my tall windows and the color was different than I already had in the dining room and the style would be elegant, yet simple and could easily be dressed up at any time.
My window in my dining room measures:
- 65 inches across
- 76 inches from molding to molding (top to bottom)
- 96 inches from curtain rod to floor
Kind of a funny story behind my ‘before’ curtains. They aren’t curtains at all. It is just some leftover fabric that I had when we moved, tied in a knot on each side of the curtain rod and the greenery is pieces left from my wedding in 2003. It’s a homemade job that worked for us, but we haven’t been able to find affordable curtains that we really liked. I am very excited to share with you my after picture!
The color is really pretty!! When I first received the curtains, I was really concerned about the color. It looked like a light tan color, but the color really pulls through when you pull the curtains out of the package, iron them and get the curtains hung.
Packaging, so you can see what I was referring to with the packaging/color:
I really love these panels! Hubby said he loved them far more than what we had hanging prior. I would love to have panels like these in each of our rooms. These are not ‘energy saving’ panels, but we have evening sun that comes through the dining area and tends to make our house heat up quickly and so far with as long as these have been hanging, we haven’t used our air conditioner, our house is cooler and overall, the sage panels made such a huge difference to our lighting in our home. Beautiful! Love them and the price per panel is very affordable, making a window makeover very easy to do on just about any budget. Curtainworks.com is very much recommended!
For more information and more products, please visit Curtainworks.com.
Mommy Goggles gives this product:
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.
- ONE (1) winner will receive their choice of two curtain panels of your choice/style/color from Curtain Works.com
- Go to Curtainworks.com
- Come back here and post to me what style of curtain panel you would love to win AND what window you would love to make over!
- Twitter the giveaway (copy & paste text below to Twitter. Leave link on comment entry) -OR- You can click the TWEET THIS button on the top or bottom of this post, it will take you directly to Twitter & it will write your tweet for you. Tweet & bring the link back here! You can tweet daily, but be sure to leave your link here, but you must also have the initial entry as asked above!
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Facebook this contest to all your friends (Leave link on new comment entry) – One entry daily
- Comment on another non-giveaway post – (Leave your link of the post where you commented in the comments below) – One entry daily
I just entered the Curtain Works Window Makeover Giveaway #MommyGoggles! http://bit.ly/bRg6gY
- Any entry that says: pick me, enter me, great prize, etc., will be deleted. Main entry is mandatory, then the extra entries are allowed.
- Winner will be chosen at Random and backed up by post content.
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- For more specifics on how winners are drawn, click here
- Winners are posted here for reference
- US entries only
- Contest ends on October 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm Central Time