On March 20th, a fun film was released on Blu-ry Combo Pack, DVD, and digital download. I have been wanting to see this movie ever since I saw it advertise in the theaters. Each week, we set up a family movie night where we have a floor picnic at dinner and watch a movie. The Muppets was our choice of movie a couple of weeks ago and here we are – still talking about how fun the movie was!
Disney’s The Muppets
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend, Mary (Amy Adams), from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze Muppet Studios and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets’ former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the studio, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have allgone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate.
Disney’s “The Muppets” is directed by James Bobin (“Flight of the Conchords,” “The Ali G Show”) and produced by the Academy Award®-nominated team of David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman (“The Fighter,” “The Proposal”) with a screenplay written by Segel & Nicholas Stoller (“Get Him to the Greek”), who also serve as executive producers along with John G. Scotti and “The Muppet Show” veteran Martin G. Baker. Bret McKenzie, who created, co-wrote, executive-produced and starred in the hit HBO television series “Flight of the Conchords,” is the music supervisor as well as the writer/producer of three original songs. Original score is by Christophe Beck, Michael Rooney is the choreographer, Rahel Afiley is the costume designer, and James Thomas is the editor. SteveSaklad is the production designer, and Don Burgess, A.S.C., is the director of photography.
Overall – we LOVED the movie and have watched it several times since we’ve had it. First off, I LOVE that this is available in a Value Pack. The Value Pack includes the Blu-ray, DVD, digital copy (download for the iPad) and the soundtrack to the movie. The movie has an amazing cast including two of my favorite actors: Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother TV Show) and Amy Adams (Enchanted , Julie & Julia). On the DVD, you get a bonus which is a hilarious blooper that is sure to make you roll on the floor laughing! I love to watch the extras on movies. You also get to see the deleted scenes from what would have been in the movie, but the producers chose a different angle. There are so many extras on The Wocka Wocka Value Pack to keep everyone tuned in. We also were able to download the digital copy to the iPad so we can watch it on the go. The kids are in love with the Complete Soundtrack from the Muppets. They run around singing the songs from the movie and they even act out parts of the movie.
The Muppets movie is available in the following formats:
3-Disc ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’
(1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card)
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Disney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack
2-Disc Combo Pack (1-Disc Blu-ray + 1 Disc DVD)
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We think).
- Disney Intermission
- Scratching the Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets”
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song
- A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- Hidden Easter Eggs
1-Disc DVD + Soundtrack Digital Download Card
- The longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
- Complete Soundtrack
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
Digital Bonus Exclusive
- Inside Walter’s Trailer. Take a peek inside Walter’s star trailer as he prepares to play his big role.
- Street Date: March 20, 2012
- Release Formats & 3-Disc Blu-ray with Soundtrack (‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’) =
- Suggested Retail Pricing: $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada
- 2-Disc Blu-ray = $39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada
- 1-Disc DVD with Soundtrack = $34.99/$41.99 Canada
- 1-Disc DVD = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada
- High Definition Digital = $39.99 U.S./$44.99 Canada
Standard Definition Digital = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada
On-Demand = check with your television provider or favorite digital retailer for pricing
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 103 Minutes
- Ratings: U.S.: PG/CANADA: PG
(Bonus material is not rated)
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray: 1.85.1
- DVD: 1.85.1
- Audio: Blu-ray 5.1 DTS HD-MA; 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
- DVD: 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
Mommy Goggles gives this product: Rating: <br>
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.