This Earth Day (April 22, 2017), you could pick up litter, clean a beach, or walk to work. But responsibly-sourced, American crib manufacturer Baby Appleseed wants you to plant a tree. Why?
American cities are losing millions of trees each year. Trees that:
- Provide wood
- Provide food
- Provide shady places to play, picnic, and relax
- Combat climate change by absorbing excess CO2
- Release clean oxygen
- Remove odors
- Trap pollutants in their bark and leaves
- Save water by slowing evaporation from lawns
- Keep city streets up to 10 degrees cooler
- Decrease energy costs by cooling homes and business with natural shade
- Increase business traffic
- Increase property value up to 10%
Trees are proven to improve our environment, health and way of life. That’s why companies like Baby Appleseed are taking action to ensure the repopulation of trees in American cities in need.
To date, the crib manufacturer has planted over 100,000 trees – 10 for each crib sold. Just one company’s way of ensuring a safer, cleaner environment for future generations. And that’s not just on Earth Day. It’s every day.
Join Baby Appleseed and plant a tree this Earth Day!