I have been traveling a lot lately, but I want my family to eat well while I am gone, so I have been trying out some new things. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I would cook up some chicken in the crock pot to use for a later time.
What I did:
- used my Crock Pot
- Put about 5 pounds of Chicken (I used chicken breast) in a Crock-pot
- Add in 1 can on Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
- Add in 2 cans of water from the soup can
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Once it’s cooked, drain & put in Ziploc freezer bags in portions to your desire (I freeze in individual servings in case I want to make one meal, or four.)
Why did I do this? I wanted to try some easy meals later on for my family that I could prep for when I travel for my media events.
Today, I put one to the test. I took out about a pound of frozen chicken breast that I had in Ziploc baggies, to create something fresh for my family that didn’t take a a lot of time to create. I wasn’t sure what I was going to make, so I just went with what I had in my fridge. I took the frozen chicken, put it in a skillet on a low setting on my stove, put a little bit of water in the skillet, added a small amount of Country Bob’s BBQ in with the frozen chicken.
Oh. My. Gosh! YUM! This tasted like I had grilled the chicken off the grill!
I made some brown rice with chicken broth & chopped steamed veggies to go with it.
Wahah! EASY meal for the family and it’s still fresh!