It seems as if it isn’t one child in our home that is sick, it is the other. Anytime I take them to the doctor, or even at home, the kids seem to squirm around and we cannot seem to get an accurate temperature. Kambry squeems at the ear thermometers (my guess is since she has had so many ear infections, the thought of having something else poked in her ear isn’t on her top list at the moment), and Tucker – well, Tucker is a toddler, so he doesn’t like to sit still long enough to get his temperature taken.
I had the pleasure to work with Family Review Network and with The Exergen Corporation for an opportunity that is very much appreciated and is truly great! Now, when I take the kids’ temperatures, I don’t have to mess with holding them down, I simply pull out the Exergen Temporal Scanner, push the button, and touch their forehead. Literally about 2 seconds and no need to hold down your child anymore.
The Exergen Temporal Scanner is an infrared thermometer that captures temperature by scanning the heat that comes off the forehead (via the temporal artery), it is non-invasive, easy-to-use (only takes 2 seconds), and extremely accurate. This hi-tech and unique thermometer is a must-have for new and expecting parents, especially those wishing to avoid the painful experience of using a rectal thermometer on their sick infant.
The kids got a kick out of takine their temperature, as you can tell. No more screamint fits here! Kambry’s temperature came up a degree below normal, but I can tell you that it was COLD in our house when we took temps. When I told the kids I was going to take their temperatures, Tucker raised his arm, thinking he was going to have to sit there for 5 minutes. 😆 Not anymore!
You can find the Exergen Temporal Scanner at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Costco, Babies R Us, Toys R Us and Sam’s Clubs nationwide starting around $29.98. This tool truly gives parents a comforting option for taking a temperature.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
- Post to me one of the headaches (share a funny sotry if you have one!) that you have had while attempting to take your child’s temperature and how you feel the Exergen can help you!
For extra entries:
- Twitter the giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Email friends about this giveaway
- Subscribe to my newsletter (on right sidebar)
- Add my main button to your site (on right sidebar)
Just the little tidbits about entries and what not
- Please be sure to leave your email address so I can contact the winner.
- Winner will be chosen at RANDOM and backed up by post content.
- ONE (1) winner will receive a Exergen Temporal Scanner
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
Contest will end on April 20, 2009 at midnight; central time