For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been bossing around Rosie. Before you judge me, Rosie is my iRobot Roomba. LOL I have been thinking about getting a Roomba, but I didn’t know anything about them, if they really work like they say, are they worth the money, will I have to vacuum after it is done? After programming my iRobot Roomba (Rosie, as I named her) and using it for just about every day for the last two weeks, I have come to the conclusion of a few things.
- My cat sheds a lot more than I thought.
- My youngest daughter sheds worse than the cat.
- No more eating snacks in the living room because obviously we don’t know how to clean up after ourselves.
- Our main vacuum misses so much from corners to base boards.
- Rosie sucks up things that she shouldn’t, but she doesn’t damage anything. No, you aren’t supposed to eat pens, game pieces or Lalaloopsy’s.
- I would highly recommend an iRobot for a busy household, especially with kids, pets and chaotic daily schedules.
iRobot® Roomba® 870
- AeroForce performance cleaning system
Uses 2 AeroForce extractors to effectively remove dirt, dust, hair, debris and harmful allergens from most floor types, including bare floors and carpets.
- iRobot XLife battery
Delivers ample cleaning cycles for lasting use.
- Dirt Detect Series 2 technology
Locates dirt and debris and focuses extra cleaning performance on areas that need it most.
- HEPA filter
Helps create a healthy, clean environment, ideal for allergy sufferers and pet owners.
- Bagless design
Helps save time and energy with no bags to replace. The full-bin indicator lets you know when the bin needs to be emptied.
- 6-3/4″ cleaning path width
Covers a broad expanse of flooring with each pass. Wall-Following technology lets the vacuum effectively clean along wall edges and kickboards.
- Cliff-detection sensors
Help the vacuum avoid stairs and other drop-offs.
- Light-Touch Bumper technology
Differentiates soft obstacles from solid ones, so the Roomba can pass under curtains, bed skirts, couch skirts and more.
- Antitangle technology
Helps keep the vacuum from getting stuck on cords, tassels and carpet fringe.
- 2 Virtual Walls
Let you set up a perimeter to keep the vacuum in certain rooms and out of others.
- Molded, soft-touch bumpers
Cushion impacts with walls, furniture and other objects to prevent damage.
The iRobot does so much, in such a tiny package!
- Clean floors like never before with the revolutionary AeroForce™ Performance Cleaning System.Our most powerful vacuuming system yet delivers 5x the suction and removes up to 50% more dirt, dust, hair and debris.
- Let Roomba help you with the hard work. Just press Clean or schedule Roomba to vacuum when it’s most convenient for you. And no need to hunt Roomba down– it automatically returns to its Home Base® to recharge between cleanings.
- Roomba leads the charge in robotic vacuuming. Roomba’s slim profile lets it clean under furniture, including beds, skirted furniture, tables and cabinetry while the spinning side brush grabs dirt and debris from tough places like wall edges and corners.
What’s included with the iRobot – Roomba 870?
- iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- 2 virtual walls with batteries, home base, HEPA filter, iRobot XLife battery
- Owner’s manual
The iRobot Roomba 870 is also amazing in so many ways!
- iAdapt® Responsive Navigation Technology with cliff-detection sensors
- Large HEPA filter keeps dust, dander, and other allergens out of the air
- iRobot® XLife™ Extended Life Battery provides double the battery cycles
- Bin Full indicator light lets you know when the bin needs emptying
- 2 Virtual Wall Barriers keep Roomba in the rooms you want to vacuum & out of the ones you don’t
- No more cleaning brushes! Tangle-free AeroForce™ Extractors are virtually maintenance free, making it even easier for Roomba to tackle daily dirt build-up and leave more time for you to enjoy your day.
- Roomba’s large HEPA filter keeps dust, dander, and other allergens out of the air – ideal for homes with pets and allergy sufferers
- Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba to vacuum when it’s most convenient for you.
We have an expensive big name brand vacuum cleaner (the brand shall remain nameless) that we use several times a week, and ever since we’ve had Rosie the iRobot Roomba, I’ve let her do all the work. How well does she work? Here’s a video compilation that will show you that she cleans the carpet, hard floors, baseboards, hallways, rugs and even likes to take ponies for a ride and torment the cat.
Check out how much gunk came off our carpet and hard floors AFTER we vacuumed with our high dollar upright vacuum.
Personally, I LOVE the iRobot Roomba and would highly recommend it to anyone that asks for a vacuum recommendation.
- I love that I can be busy with the family, and want to vacuum but instead of dropping what I’m doing, I can simply press one button and get my iRobot Roomba to vacuum.
- I love that I can schedule times for Rosie to clean like 4:00 when we are all gone taking a walk.
- I love that the iRobot isn’t near as loud as I expected.
- I love that the size of the iRobot Roomba 870 isn’t huge; the size is perfect
- I love that the iRobot charges itself
- I love that the iRobot will tell you when it’s stuck, when it needs to be moved, when it needs to be charged, when it needs to be emptied
- I love that my iRobot Roomba can go for 3-4 cleanings without having to be emptied. The size of the compartment, it’s super small but this bad boy holds so much
- I love that it leaves those vacuum lines on my carpet. Don’t laugh. LOL
Now, the price may shock some, however if you think about how much one of the huge, full size vacuum cleaners cost and what all you’d have to buy to maintain it, the price of the iRobot – Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot is actually pretty affordable at $599.99 with free shipping from Best Buy. We are considering getting rid of one of our vacuum cleaners because I love the size and how Rosie cleans for us. You can find the iRobot 870, and other iRobot Roomba models, at BestBuy.com
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.