This may be summer time, but it is far from a summer vacation with baseball games, practices, sibling fights, and summer traveling. With as much as we travel, I am always looking for easy snacks to take on the go, but I want them to be unlike the traditional snack bags that you see a lot of. With Jif, I have found that it is easy to take unique and yummy snacks along with us. You are probably thinking… ‘Jif.. on the go? Are you for real?’ Well, I would have said the same thing, up until now.
Jif has some tips to help kick off the summer season right and make vacations easy and fun for the entire family:
- Get the whole family involved in planning getaways and have each person choose at least one activity so everyone is looking forward to the trip.
With as much as I travel by myself, it’s nice to be able to plan a family day outing or a weekend family vacation.
- Bring travel-friendly snacks everyone loves, like Jif To Go™ Peanut Butter. Each 1.5-ounce cup is perfect for dipping while you minimize mess and maximize portability.
Anytime we go anywhere, whether locally for a day of running errands or for a week long trip, the kids always have a snack bag packed with healthier options. I didn’t realize that Jif came in easy to pack travel size portions. Now that I know, we have had Jif To Go on our list each time we are at the store for restocking!
- Play travel-related games such as I-spy or license plate bingo. They’re a great way to pass the time and keep the entire family entertained.
I just downloaded some travel games on the iPads for the kids to play, as well as buying any travel size game that we can find. When we were on our Texas trip (9 hours, stayed overnight, then another 6 hours,and then back with the same hours), travel games save my sanity while driving! Travel games work to keep the kids’ minds thinking, as well as gives them things to do while I drive.
We received the below to help us out on our many road trips.
I cannot begin to tell you how many snack ideas that we have come up with just from the Jif to Go, other than the pretzels! My daughter is just like me – she has major texture issues, however she loves peanut butter, but is very picky at what she dips in it. Pretzels are a huge plus for our family all around, but the kids also like to dip their crackers in it, and then put a cube of cheese on top. It may sound weird, but it’s actually pretty good! I, myself, love to just eat the peanut butter itself. Tucker likes to take a small snack size bag of peanuts and add to the travel size of peanut butter as well. I can go on and on about how many different ways that we travel with Jif To go. Another thing that I like a lot about Jif To Go is for myself. I travel a lot and I have a low protein condition, so when I feel my sugar attack and protein levels get low, I know that I can take in a Jif To Go and feel better pretty quickly.
I would love to hear from YOU – my readers – on what your little ones like to snack on, what you like to snack on, what you family’s favorite snacks and what travel snacks you like to pack!
Mommy Goggles gives this product: [rating:5]
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.
TWO (2) winners will each receive a Jif To Go Travel Pack that includes
- Jif To Go Creamy Peanut Butter 3-pack (1.5 oz. cups)
- Jif To Go Creamy Peanut Butter 8-pack (1.5 oz. cups)
- Tote Bag
- A GPS – Garmin Nuvi GPS or similar
- $50 gift card to AutoZone
- Jif Travel Mug
- Travel Scrabble
- Mini bags of pretzels
Mandatory (1 one time entry)
- Leave a comment below letting me know what your little ones like to snack on, what you like to snack on, what you family’s favorite snacks and what travel snacks you like to pack!
Extra Entries (7 one time entries)
- Blog about the giveaway and leave the link to your blog post in the comments. (1 entry)
- Follow me @MommyGoggles on Twitter. Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Subscribe to our RSS Reader. Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Add the Mommy Goggles tag to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the right side of my blog) Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Like Mommy Goggles on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MommyGogglesBlogPost a comment letting me know you have done this AND what your Facebook name (1 entry total)
- POST ON Mommy Goggles Facebook page that you entered this giveaway, leaving a link back to this giveaway on the Facebook Page, and come back here and post your FB entry link (1 entry total)
- If you have more on the go snack ideas, let me know what they are!
UNLIMITED ENTRIES (2 chances at unlimited daily entries)
Tweet the giveaway (copy & paste text below to Twitter. Leave link on comment entry) -OR- You can click the TWEET THIS button on the top or bottom of this post, it will take you directly to Twitter & it will write your tweet for you. Tweet & bring the link back here! You can tweet daily, but be sure to leave your link here, but you must also have the initial entry as asked above!
Post on a non-giveaway post Post a link in a new comment saying what post you commented on (Unlimited entries)
- Winner will be chosen at random and backed up by post content.
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- For more specifics on how winners are drawn, click here
- Winners are posted here for reference
- Winner must not have won a similar prize off another site/blogsite within the last 60 days.
- Anyone is allowed to enter, but US shipping addresses only
- Contest ends on August 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm Central Time