I love Japanese food! If I cannot go out to eat it, then I love to come up with food ideas for my family, here at home. Kikkoman has so many great ideas with such a wide variety of things you can make with just about any flavor you are looking for, meanwhile keeping that Japanese ‘style’ to it.
Just before Thanksgiving, I made a turkey with Kikkoman. Sounds weird? Weird is not a word I would use to describe the taste that this turkey had! YUMMY!
Recently, we had a chance to try out a whole different variety of flavor that Kikkoman has: Lime Ponzu which is perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations!Do you Ponzu? Kikkoman is adding an easy Japanese twist to Mexican food with Kikko de Mayo recipes! Ponzu, a citrus seasoned dressing and sauce, is packed with citrus flavors and is the perfect ingredient to complement a variety of Mexican dishes such as carne asada, fajitas and even salsa that the entire family will love!
- Think Ponzu is only for Japanese food? Then think again! Get ready to prepare a delicious Cinco de Mayo meal into a ¡Kikko de Mayo Fiesta! with the help of this fat-free “secret” ingredient – Kikkoman Ponzu!
- Ponzu, a citrus seasoned dressing and sauce, delivers the perfect balance of salty, tangy and sweet, helping to bring out delicious citrus flavors in Mexican dishes such as carne asada, fajitas and even salsa!
- Kikkoman Ponzu, available in lemon or lime flavors, can be used right from the bottle as a salad dressing, marinade or dipping sauce in a variety of delicious recipes.
- Kikkoman Ponzu can be found in the Asian aisle at your local supermarket but belongs in all different types of food – especially Mexican.
I received a fun assortment to get myself ready for Cinco de Mayo!
- Kikkoman Lime Ponzu – the star of the celebration
- Assortment of Kikkoman’s special sauces product
- Yo Hablo Ponzu T-shirt
- Kikkoman Spoon Rest
- Cook book, recipe ideas & a gift card to help get materials needed for our cook out!
What did I try? While we don’t have a grill that would woo the neighborhood in to our yard, I did manage to grill up some grilled chicken, using Kikkoman Lime and Ponzu Asada Maranade. I found this recipe in a book that I received from Kikkoman, but I pasted it below for you to try yourself!
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 1 cup Kikkoman Lime Ponzu
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
Combine, Ponzu, lime juice and garlic. Pour over steak and marinate overnight.
This recipe calls for steak, but I love to grill chicken and the kids love it too! You can use steak or chicken for this. Both are great!
I mixed the above ingredients and marinated in the fridge overnight. The next afternoon, when I was ready, I fired up the grill and got smokin’! With the Kikkoman Lime Ponz, I loved it because the taste wasn’t overwhelming, the smell wasn’t potent and the flavor from the marinade overnight was mouthwatering! Will we grill out again with Kikkoman Lime Ponz? You bet! You don’t just have to grill out with it, you can cook in the kitchen with it, but with the amazing Summer weather we are already having – why pass up the opportunity to grill out with Kikkoman? It’s not just for Japanese food anymore!
There are so many recipes that you can include Kikkoman Lime Ponzu in, and even make up your own recipes as you go along. I love doing that! I can totally see making some guacamole with Kikkoman Ponzu! I have to say that we go through so much Kikkoman Soy Sauce in our house. I love to cook with it. I love to marinade with it. I love to put it on my steamed rice so I can still get that Japanese flavor without feeling all the guilt from going out and indulging in with a high calorie meal out. Overall: We love Kikkoman for any meal; this ranges from snacks that I love of rice, to a tasty Thanksgiving Turkey and yes – Cinco de Mayo!
Visit http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks and click on Kikko de Mayo for fun recipes and to download your own coupon for a free Ponzu with purchase of any Kikkoman sauce!
Mommy Goggles gives this product:
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.