Mother’s Day was this weekend. What did you get mom this year? Every year, I see so many people spend so much money on flowers that will die in a couple of days, chocolates that mom might complain about later on (lol) or something that she will most likely return anyway. Does mom like to read? Does mom like to play games and social network? There are days where I am hooked at the computer all day for work, but I still need to be available or get some work done but I don’t want to be in front of my computer anymore, so I’ll grab my tablet and relax with the family. If I want to play a game, I pick up my tablet. When I want to read in bed, I take my tablet with me. The kids love to play Angry Birds and stream movies, so they use the tablet as well. When I first thought about tablets, I never thought about a Kindle Fire, but recently we were sent one to try out. We will have a full review coming soon, but for now, I wanted to share some info about the Kindle Fire HD for you. After almost a week of playing around on it, I have to say that I am very impressed thus far.
So far, I am very impressed with the quality of the screen. The resolution is amazing!
1280×800 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual-driver stereo speakers for immersive, virtual surround sound
- World’s first tablet with dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for over 35% faster downloads and streaming (compared to the iPad mini)
- High performance 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Over 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO, Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls using Skype, Facebook, and other apps
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Kindle FreeTime — a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids on the Kindle Fire HD. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child
- Kindle FreeTime Unlimited — just for kids. Unlimited access to books, games, apps, movies and TV shows.
- Prime Instant Video — unlimited, instant streaming of thousands of popular movies and TV shows
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library — Kindle owners can choose from more than 270,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers
- NEW: Kindle Fire owners get 500 Amazon Coins (a $5 value) to spend on Kindle Fire apps and games
If you are still on the hunt for a gift for mom, aunt, grandma or that mother figure in your life, check out Amazon for the Kindle Fire HD.
I am working on a campaign for Amazon & Kindle. I received a Kindle Fire HD to facilitate this post, and for my upcoming review. My thoughts are 100% my own. Be sure to watch for our review of the Kindle Fire HD and kid friendly cases!