I have always been a huge fan of Kohl’s. Not only their clothing and other products, but because they give back. That, to me, means so much! I wanted to let you know that they are giving back.. again!
Kohl’s has cooked up a great way to keep kids reading through the summer months. Now through the end of June, Kohl’s is offering “Duck at the Door” and “Duck Soup” by New York Times best-selling author and illustrator Jackie Urbanovic along with coordinating plush toys. Max the duck and Brody the dog, along with the coordinating books, are available for only $5 each at all Kohl’s stores and online at Kohls.com as part of the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program.
Through the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program, 100 percent of the net profits from sales of the Duck books and plush toys will benefit children’s health and education initiatives nationwide. Since the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program’s inception in 2000, Kohl’s has turned $5 merchandise into more than $126 million that has made a positive impact on the lives of children across the country.
As you plan upcoming stories, here are a few ways you might consider featuring Max the Duck and friends through the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program:
- Rainy Day Fun – Kohl’s Cares for Kids books and plush toys can spark a child’s imagination on a rainy day. Read “Duck Soup” then encourage a child to create his or her own recipe… and even test it out in the kitchen (with supervision, of course). Children can also imagine and act out adventures for Max the Duck and Brody the Dog after reading the books.
- Kids Book Club – Develop an early love of reading by starting a book club for kids. Invite a group of parents and children to read “Duck at the Door” or “Duck Soup.” Determine a meeting date, encourage everyone to come with a discussion question and plan an activity to compliment the book, such as making soup.
- Stock Up for Summer Reading – Keep reading skills sharp this summer while your child is away from the classroom. Kohl’s Cares for Kids books are a great way to stretch your budget and add variety to a child’s summer reading list.
- Stretch Your Budget and Build Your Child’s Library – Kohl’s Cares for Kids books are a great way to easily add best-sellers to a child’s bookshelf without spending a fortune. With a new set of books released each season, parents and grandparents can help build a child’s library for just $5 at a time.
- The Perfect Present in a Challenging Economy and A Gift That Gives Back – At just $5 each, the New York Times best-selling books “Duck at the Door” and “Duck Soup” and the coordinating plush toys are great gifts at a great value. Pair up a book with a plush toy and you’ve got a fun gift for only $10!
- Plan a Charity-Focused Birthday Party – Invite guests to bring Kohl’s Cares for Kidsbooks and plush toys as gifts instead of other presents, then donate the books to a local school, library, or hospital.
- Share the Love of Reading – Volunteer to read at a daycare, then leave Kohl’s Cares for Kidsbooks as a gift to the center. Take children to a nursing home to read with residents, teaching them a lesson about volunteering their time in addition to practicing their reading skills.
How would you like to win a plush with a book? I have two sets to give away!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
- Post to me a story about bedtime routine and/or a favorite storytime book that your little ones love.
For extra entries:
- Twitter the giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Add my main button to your site (on right sidebar)
Just the little tidbits about entries and what not
- Please be sure to leave your email address so I can contact the winner.
- Winner will be chosen at RANDOM and backed up by post content.
- Two winners will each win a storybook and plush from Kohl’s
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- US entries only
- For specific rules, click here.
Contest will end on May 21, 2009 at 11:59 pm Central time.