With the holidays so near, how do you stay on track with your eating and weight? Do you count calories or do you completely avoid all the holiday foods? I have been battling my weight on and off for 5 years, ever since my daughter was born. There has been so much that has gone on this year that has taken me off track from my exercise routine and eating. Regardless of what’s going on around us, or what holiday is approaching, we should always be taking care of ourselves. Here are some things that have worked for me, and I am back in this routine:
- When I wake up and get the kids off to school, I head to the gym. If the weather doesn’t permit, then I will go for a walk or job on my treadmill at home. For me, I’ve found that working out in the morning jump starts my day and makes my stress level lower.
- I’ve been taking a daily multivitamin, along with a Stresstab with iron to help replenish my body.
- Drink lots of water. I love lemon in my water.
- Cut back on sweets and snacking. When I do snack, I snack on baby carrots or boiled egg whites.
- I never eat past 6pm. This is something that I’ve always done, but it’s also because I like to go to bed early and we are pretty early risers.
Did you know that Alli has a free site that you can sign up on where you can keep track of your exercise, eating and even interact with others that are working to get healthy and get fit? You can sign up for the free Let’s Fight Holiday Fat website at http://bit.ly/UEnary.
I’ve been on the site for a few hours now and I’ve already been commenting on other’s questions and I’ve already made some new ‘friends’ that we can help motivate each other.
Busy Mom and Let’s Fight Holiday Fat spokesperson, Samantha Harris, shares her tips for ‘Surviving the Season’. LetsFightHolidayFat.comcombines three core elements for the weight conscious during the holidays: diet, physical activity and motivation in an easy-to-use interface. It helps track goals and prepare for long-term success with features including:
- Follow-along fitness videos; from cross training to yoga/pilates
- Healthy (reduced calorie, low-fat) daily meal suggestions and recipes
- Custom calorie and activity tracking
- Community and social features and forums
- Smart phone accessibility
- Expert tips and tricks
Do you have a New Years’ resolution to lose weight? Why wait until the new year? Start now!
I’m about to bookmark the link on my smartphone, so come join me and sign up for free Let’s Fight Holiday Fat website at http://bit.ly/UEnary.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for alli. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.