How many people can say that they are a grown adult and have never had a cavity or any tooth issues? I am in my 30’s and am very proud to say that I have never had so much as a cavity. I did have braces when I was 19, but that was because my jaw was too narrow for the number of teeth that I had. Now that I have kids of my own, it is so important to me to stress to my kids the importance of oral care.
With that said, I am excited to announce that I am working with The Motherhood and Listerine for the Listerine 21 Day Challenge. Do you think that you can pledge to improve your oral health within 21 days by brushing, flossing and using LISTERINE® ULTRACLEAN® twice a day? With this challenge, I will also be helping children in need across America to receive oral care through a program sponsored by Listerine: Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America® program.
We received some products to help get us started on this challenge. I’d love it if you joined in this program with me!
Growing up, oral care was so important to me. As an adult, it’s even more important to me. Well, now that I’m a mother – it’s even MORE important to me. With the kids, we make brushing their teeth a game. That seems to help for us.
Did you know that brushing alone misses 75% of your mouth? I had no idea about this percentage, but believe it or not, even if you brush twice a day, you’re likely missing a majority of your mouth, leaving plenty of room for germs to grow.
By using a LISTERINE® Antiseptic mouthwash twice a day for 30 seconds, you can clean virtually 100 percent of your mouth. In fact, you can get:
- Up to 5 times healthier gums in 2 weeks
- Up to 9 times healthier gums in 4 weeks*
Did you know?
- There are more germs in your mouth than there are people on earth! Believe it or not, brushing alone misses 75% of your mouth, so it isalso critical to floss regularly and rinse twice a day with a therapeutic mouthwash like LISTERINE® ULTRACLEAN® to achieve superior oral health.
- Oral disease is now the most chronic childhood illness in the U.S.
- Millions of children are suffering and experiencing pain so severe, it affects their ability to eat, sleep and learn.
- It doesn’t just affect children either, as nearly half of American adults also suffer from some form of periodontal (gum) disease and may not even know it.It is an early form of gum disease and is usually painless, but if left untreated, it can lead to even more serious oral health problems like the loss of soft tissue, bone and teeth.
- As many as 130 million Americans lack dental insurance, including more than 15.4 million children.
- More than 51 million school hours and 164 million work hours are lost each year due to dental disease, leading to increased educational disparities and decreased productivity.
I’d love it if you would join in with me on the Listerine 21 Day Challenge! You can go to www.facebook.com/listerine and sign up to pledge! Pledge with me! Be sure to check back after my 21 day challenge to find out our thoughts and see how we’re doing!
I received products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.