I cannot tell you how much we love breakfast for any meals, including dinner. With these meals, we have to have our turkey bacon, eggs and of course pancakes & waffles. It seems that the dinosaurs in our house like waffles especially.
Just this month, Log Cabin made a major announcement that a long-time favorite family tradition is finally recognized as Log Cabin Syrup declared Wednesdays “Breakfast for Dinner” Day! A fun, fast and affordable way to get everyone together on a busy weeknight, Breakfast for Dinner is a great way for families to take time out together despite the demands of their busy schedules.
Log Cabin is the first and only brand that has eliminated high fructose corn syrup, so this is an updated meal tradition that families can feel good about.
Do you have those brands that you remember growing up with? I remember so many specific brands that my mother used to buy for macaroni & cheese, biscuits and even syrup. For the syrup, I clearly remember my mother only buying one brand; Log Cabin. When I was asked to check out some new sugar free and gluten free Log Cabin Syrup, I was excited to try them out!
- Log Cabin Sugar Free Syrup
- Log Cabin Lite Reduced Calorie Gluten Free Syrup
- Log Cabin Original Gluten Free Syrup
I am inviting you, my readers, to join my family and families around the country with a fun Breakfast for Dinner of their own on Wednesdays! Here are some fun new family breakfast traditions survey results that you might like!
Breakfast a la Mom
- Don’t tell Paula Deen, but she came in third… Mom may not have a show on the Food Network, but she runs the show at her own house. Outranking Rachel Ray (22%) and Paula Deen (15%), Mom is the top pick for America’s favorite breakfast chef with 42 percent preferring that she make the first meal of the day at their houses.
Please Pass the Conversation
- Talking with your mouth full: A delightful surprise! Modern families continue to make conversation over their morning meal. Eighty-eight percent of Americans talk to each other over breakfast, outnumbering those who watch TV (63%) or read a newspaper or magazine (51%) or use an iPad/mobile device (35%).
- Logging on when chowing down: It’s no surprise that the younger crowd checks in online in the morning more than their elders. 47 percent of Americans ages 18-34 use an iPad, check email, send texts or talk on the phone during breakfast, twice as many as those ages 55-64 (23 percent).
You are What You Eat
- More than half of those polled stated they make a conscious effort to choose breakfast options they feel good about for themselves and their families (56 percent), with nearly half (49 percent) stating they are trying to remove high fructose corn syrup from their family’s diet.
Keeping Breakfast Warm in the Winter
- On a cold winter’s day, two thirds of Americans enjoy their breakfasts with syrup, whether it’s warm cereal and oatmeal or pancakes and waffles.
- Brrrr! Why be cold both inside and out? Only 11 percent prefer a quick bowl of cold cereal or breakfast bar in the winter.
- Dressed to impress: Men are more likely to be dressed and ready to go while eating breakfast (40 percent) than women (27 percent).
- Been practicing for years! Those who are older have their system down pat when it comes to a breakfast routine. Those ages 65 and up were more likely to have a routine for breakfast (73 percent) versus those ages 18-34 (58 percent).
Please Pass the Pancakes, Mr. President!
- A patriot start to your day — 43 percent of Americans would most like to have the Obamas over to share breakfast for dinner – more so than the Kardashians (10 percent); the Beckhams (6 percent) and the Brangelina clan (5 percent) combined!
Ending the Day Right
- Americans can’t wait to get a head start on tomorrow — 77 percent of households have breakfast for dinner, and 60 percent eat breakfast for dinner at least once a month.
First in Line
- Age before hunger – The Dad or male head of household and the youngest child in the family have an equal chance at getting the first pancake or waffle at their house (25 percent) while only 8 percent of households give the first pancake or waffle to the oldest child.
Why Mess with a Classic?
- The majority of households prefer to stand by their classic, favorite recipes (61 percent), while 22 percent make it a top priority to update their favorite recipes to make them interesting to their modern family, such as substituting orange juice for vegetable oil or sneaking pureed carrots into their kids’ Mac N’ Cheese!
- More than half of those polled stated they make a conscious effort to choose breakfast options they feel good about for themselves and their families (56 percent), with nearly half (49 percent) stating they are trying to remove high fructose corn syrup from their family¹s diet.
Do you like breakfast at any meal? We sure do! I would say that we have breakfast for dinner more than we have breakfast for .. well… breakfast!
Mommy Goggles gives this product:
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.
One (1) winner will receive a Log Cabin breakfast kit that includes:
- All three Log Cabin Syrups (Original, Lite and Sugar-Free, all of which are high fructose corn syrup free) so that your family can do your very own syrup tasting
- Cast iron griddle and spatula to help make everyone a hot breakfast
- Log Cabin Placemats so that everyone will find their “place” at family breakfast time
- Log Cabin Syrup t-shirts so you can show your breakfast pride!
- Post to me what your family’s favorite breakfast meal includes (recipes, ingredients, when you like to have breakfast, etc.)
ONE ENTRY TOTAL, EACH: (5 one time entries)
- Blog about the giveaway and leave the link to your blog post in the comments.
- Follow me @MommyGoggles on Twitter. Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Subscribe to our RSS Reader Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Add the Mommy Goggles tag to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the right side of my blog) Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Like Mommy Goggles on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MommyGogglesBlog Post a comment letting me know you have done this AND what your Facebook name (1 entry total)
ONE PER DAY ENTRIES (Unlimited daily entries)
- Tweet the giveaway (copy & paste text below to Twitter. Leave link on comment entry) -OR- You can click the TWEET THIS button on the top or bottom of this post, it will take you directly to Twitter & it will write your tweet for you. Tweet & bring the link back here! You can tweet daily, but be sure to leave your link here, but you must also have the initial entry as asked above! I just entered the Log Cabin Breakfast Giveaway #MommyGoggles! http://bit.ly/eHZtVp
- Post on a non-giveaway post Post a link in a new comment saying what post you commented on – Unlimited entries
- Winner will be chosen at random and backed up by post content.
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- For more specifics on how winners are drawn, click here
- Winners are posted here for reference
- US entries only
- Contest ends on May 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm Central Time