A few weeks ago, I wrote how we tried Millstone Coffees, so this time, I thought I’d try baking with it. Baking? Yup!
We were sent two more flavors of Millstone Coffees to try:
THE SMOOTH, CREAMY CARAMEL FLAVOR AND WARM, BUTTERY FINISH MAKE THIS LIGHT ROAST A TANTALIZING TREAT ON ITS OWN OR AS A PERFECT COMPLEMENT TO YOUR DESSERT.
THE LIGHTEST ROAST OF ALL MILLSTONE® COFFEES, BREAKFAST BLEND IS A SUBTLE INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF GOURMET COFFEE, CHARACTERIZED BY DELICATE TOP NOTES AND A BRIGHT, FLORAL, ALMOST TEA-LIKE FINISH.
I wanted to try something different, so I decided to make brownies using Millstone Breakfast Blend coffee.
Millstone Coffee Breakfast Blend Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons finely ground Millstone Breakfast Blend coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Half pecan pieces to top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9x2-inch metal pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee, and salt in large bowl. Wisk in melted butter until ingredients are blended.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Sift flour over and fold in.
- Spread batter in sprayed pan.
- Top with pecan halves.
- Bake brownies about 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Have you tried Millstone Coffee in your every day baking and cooking routines? If not, what are you waiting on? I never, ever, thought to use coffee with baking and cooking. This experience taught me to think outside the box.