Did you know that the word ‘bacon’ dates back to the late 1500’s? I had no idea! We love bacon! I love cooking with bacon ranging from the typical breakfast meals (pancakes, eggs & of course bacon!) to bacon cheeseburgers grilled outside and even one of my ultimate favorites; Oscar Mayer’s Original Turkey Bacon. There are so many recipes that are able to be created from regular pork bacon and even turkey bacon. I love to crisp up turkey bacon and crumble it up to put on top of homemade pizza. YUM!
What all do you make with bacon?
You can serve your bacon (turkey or pork) with heart shaped waffles, which we do often…. even if they are being guarded by dinosaurs!
One meal that I love, and that looks hard yet is so easy to make, is stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon. Yup. Bacon!
Yup, it’s wrapped in bacon! Who would have thought chicken that is stuffed with cheese, and wrapped with bacon?
Tasty looking, huh? this is a favorite of my family’s!
I am in my 30’s and I clearly remember growing up with those food products that my mother purchased and made for our family and I very clearly remember her refusing to buy anything BUT those products. I, as an adult and mother, find myself doing the exact same thing. I only buy a certain hot dog (which just so happens to be Oscar Mayer); I refuse to make any other brand in my house. I remember my mother making us the blue box of Kraft macaroni & cheese that has the actual cheese in a packet (or before they went to a packet, it used to come in the small can that my grandmother would cut off both ends and leave 1/4 of the can for us kids to sneak) and another product would be Oscar Mayer bacon. Sorry store brands, but you just cannot compete!
Oscar Mayer have a special place in their heart’s for bacon. Can you believe such a marvelous creation doesn’t have an entire week dedicated to it? This week has been officially named as National Oscar Mayer Bacon Week! I cannot be happier with my love of bacon!
With this said, I want to know what YOU create or would love to create with Oscar Mayer Bacon, so I am hosting a fabulous giveaway that you will drool over! Ready for it? First the lingo, then keep reading!
Mommy Goggles gives this product: [rating:5]
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.
One (1) winner will receive:
- A YEAR SUPPLY of bacon
- $125 Amex gift card
- Limited-edition Oscar Mayer Bacon Week apron
- Bacon essentials kit
Mandatory (1 one time entry)
- Leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite recipe is to make with BACON!
Extra Entries (7 one time entries)
- Blog about the giveaway and leave the link to your blog post in the comments. (1 entry)
- Follow me @MommyGoggles on Twitter. Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Subscribe to our RSS Reader. Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Add the Mommy Goggles tag to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the right side of my blog) Post a comment letting me know you have done this (1 entry total)
- Like Mommy Goggles on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MommyGogglesBlog Post a comment letting me know you have done this AND what your Facebook name (1 entry total)
- POST ON Mommy Goggles Facebook page that you entered this giveaway, leaving a link back to this giveaway on the Facebook Page, and come back here and post your FB entry link (1 entry total)
- SHARE this giveaway from Mommy Goggles Facebook page on YOUR own Facebook Page, leaving a link back to this giveaway on the Facebook Page, and come back here and post your FB entry link (1 entry total)
UNLIMITED ENTRIES (3 chances at unlimited daily entries)
Tweet the giveaway (copy & paste text below to Twitter. Leave link on comment entry) -OR- You can click the TWEET THIS button on the top or bottom of this post, it will take you directly to Twitter & it will write your tweet for you. Tweet & bring the link back here! You can tweet daily, but be sure to leave your link here, but you must also have the initial entry as asked above!
Post on a non-giveaway post Post a link in a new comment saying what post you commented on (Unlimited entries) POST ON YOUR Facebook page that you entered this giveaway, leaving a link back to this giveaway on the Facebook Page, and come back here and post your FB entry link (1 entry daily)
- Winner will be chosen at random and backed up by post content.
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
- For more specifics on how winners are drawn, click here
- Winners are posted here for reference
- Anyone is allowed to enter, but US shipping addresses only
- Contest ends on October 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm Central Time