I participated in a Blogger Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kidoodle.TV. I received a promotional item and a free trial as a thank you for participating.
My kids are pretty technically savvy and love to play games and watch their favorite shows on the iPad or computer, but I haven’t been able to monitor what they watch or keep tabs on the time that they spend on the devices…. Until now. I was able to try (and fall in love with) Kidoodle.TV. My first thoughts about this was ‘Why in the world haven’t I found this before now?’
What is Kidoodle.TV?
TV. Built for Kids, Loved by Parents!
- Built for kids, not just aimed at them, Kidoodle.TV is designed specifically for the use and navigation by kids (ages 12 and under), ensuring an age-appropriate viewing experience.
- Featuring a brightly colored, easy-to-use user interface, customizable Kid Profiles for up to 5 kids, and great entertainment and educational content from a variety of sources, Kidoodle.TV is child oriented and convenient, with no adult content and with robust controls for parents.
- Parental controls include age category filtering and title selection and de-selection, which allows parents to tailor available content to each child’s needs.
- Once logged into Kidoodle.TV, parents simply select a KidProfile and hand off the navigation to the child.
- Kidoodle.TV features content appropriate for its audience and is free of advertising within the service.
- Kidoodle.TV offers the freedom and diversity of Internet access but with parameters built in to assist with child safety.
It was so easy to get started. Creating my two kids’ accounts was so easy. It literally took a couple of minutes to register and set them up.
If you are wanting to add this on your tablet, it’s super easy as well! It’s in the app store for free!
The above was from my MacBook app store. It’s super easy to add via iPad. Go to your app store and search Kidoodle TV and it’ll pop up. On the iPad, you’re able to select the profile that wants to use the app.
Within the Parent’s Portal, you can set time limits or adjust if needed. Super fast! I can sign in to the Parent’s FAQ Access section and edit what they watch and how long they are able to stay logged on. THIS.IS.PERFECT.
Kambry is now logged in and she can watch whatever shows I have her approved to watch and her time limit will allow it to simply turn off once her time is up. No more ‘ok, turn it off. No, really – turn it off. Like NOW!’
One thing I was surprised to see was that they had Sonic AND Super Mario Brothers!
As a parent, I am so madly in love with this entire platform! My kids have been watching their favorite shows while we’ve been traveling this holiday…. From the car! This has saved us a lot of not hearing ‘Mom, I’m bored!’ and has also spared the sanity that I have left after our 3000+ mile road trip. Also, the kids have loved having the ability to watch a movie at quiet time with their favorite characters. My son is a mega Transformers and Super Mario nut, so when we saw that there were so many shows with these characters he was on cloud 9! My daughter likes some of the same shows as he does, but I was able to add things on her account that he didn’t want to have show up on his account like Madeline and Paddington Bear. As a parent, I highly recommend Kidoodle.TV for any parent!
All this month, through December 31, 2013, Kidoodle.TV is FREE.
How would you like to try Kidoodle.TV for free AND be entered to win a tablet or a Kidoodle.TV year-long subscription? Kidoodle.TV is going to make 20 people really happy!
Try Kidoodle.TV for FREE by December 31, 2013 and automatically be entered to win 1 of 10 tablets or 1 of 10 Kidoodle.TV year-long subscriptions! Be sure to visit https://www.kidoodle.tv/ You can also find them on Twitter and Facebook.