On March 11, 2011, I was able to attend a baby shower that was put on by Party City and Tara Riceberg. If you are looking for baby shower ideas, read on! You will get some amazing and affordable baby shower planning tips and ideas that you will go ‘ga-ga’ over.
“Lions, Tigers, and Twins, Oh My!” Baby Shower
- What you will learn: How to incorporate Apparel as Décor to Create a Modern Design that also Doubles as Baby Gifts
Party City, America’s largest party specialty retailer, partnered with celebrity event and home stylist, Tara Riceberg, to demonstrate this year’s top trends for baby showers and share a few easy and cost-saving ideas to bring the celebration to life.
I had the pleasure to travel to Hilton Head Island where I witnessed Tara completely transformed a home and utilizing floor to ceiling Party City products from invitations to place settings to décor, creating an elegant ambiance for a modern baby shower breakfast.
**The ‘devil is in the details’ for Tara as she ensured everything maintained the feel of simple elegance. To create the look, Tara pulled from Party City’s Fisher Price collection, which features fun polka dot tableware with jungle animal accents. Centerpieces featured monogrammed white eyelet dresses coordinating with the Fisher Price animal theme hung from doll stands and floating above the tables were cloud-like displays of Party City’s signature white fluffy decoration tying the whole design together.
Additionally, Tara shared the following tips for chic, budget-friendly baby showers for anyone looking to shower their glowing friend in style:
**Use Invitations to Set the Tone:
- Invitations should coordinate with the theme of the event.
- Find the perfect pattern to fit the overall look or color scheme.
- Give guests a sneak peak of the event and a feel for the atmosphere to be expected.
- Complete the look by providing the mom-to-be with matching thank you notes.
- A one-stop-shop like Party City will save money and ensure the style coordinates seamlessly.
Incorporate Baby Apparel as Décor:
- Doll stands with monogrammed dresses for baby girl or rompers for baby boy make the perfect table centerpiece.
- String white baby onesies with clothespins to create a special garland over a fireplace or buffet table. Add a decorative touch by applying pieces from Party City’s Fisher Price garland to the front of each with double stick tape.
- Clip little girls’ pink bows to the center of each napkin roll for a unique twist on napkin rings.
- A child’s crocheted sweater hung on decorative hooks, and framed makes for adorable wall art.
- The great thing about using children’s clothing and accessories as part of the shower’s décor is that these items can all double as gifts for the mom to be or even take-home favors for the guests.
Dress the Table for Less:
- Adding a charger plate can add elegance to any table.
- Layer a patterned bread plate with a solid dinner plate atop a neutral color charger to make each element pop.
- Crisp white dinner napkins can hold Party City’s silver look cutlery adding a simple touch of elegance without the expense of silver to complete the look.
- Party City specializes in coordinating looks from dinner and dessert plates to stemware, guest towels and cutlery to unique accents for centerpieces and favors and so much more.
Timing is Everything:
- Two o’clock p.m. on Sunday afternoon is no longer the requirement for baby showers.
- Having an event during off-peak hours outside the home can potentially save between 20-40 percent.
- Choosing brunch means less expensive menu options as well, and an early brunch shower could be the perfect start to an expecting mother’s busy day.
DIY Made Simple:
- Using ribbon, suspend white wooden letters spelling out B-A-B-Y or the new baby’s name from Party City’s paper lanterns and hang from the ceiling over the mom’s gift table.
- Large apothecary glass jars and brandy jars from Party City are the perfect containers for a spread of coordinating candy chocolate and gumballs. Make sure each vase has a silver candy ladle to help guests fill their favor takeout boxes.
You can see more of my pictures from this gorgeous baby shower from Tara & Party City by visiting my FlickR stream below!
With more than 600 stores across the U.S., Party City is a convenient source for many friends of the mom-to-be looking to make a baby shower special without breaking the bank. Party City provides a variety of more than 100 themes as well as nearly 50 hues allowing hosts to coordinate each event from start to finish, and items range from 99 cents to $50 making it cost-effective for any budget. Merchandise is available in-store or on www.partycity.com.
**Portions of the above press release were taken from a press release that was published when I was on location for Party City at Hilton Head Island, SC. I used portions from the press release, as well as I included my own findings with my own images (images copyrighted are from Mommy Goggles/Tanya Gordon’s attendance. Any other images included that are not MG Copyrighted are courtesy of on location Party City photographers.