I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sprint. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
I am always on the go. Like…. always. While it’s convenient to have my cell phone with me, that tiny screen gets a wee bit annoying to stare at when I’m trying to use it to surf the web, visit my favorite social networks to keep in contact with friends and family and even to work on my emails. I’ve been using a nifty little device for a couple of weeks that has swooned my heart, Sprint’s NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot.
NETGEAR® Zing Mobile Hotspot™ from Sprint
Speedy tri-band connectivity at home or on-the-go
- One of the first tri-band devices offered by Sprint
- First 4G LTE mobile hotspot from Sprint with international capabilities using GSM roaming
- Access passwords, SSID information, battery, network signal strength and more with the LCD resistive color touchscreen
- Manage device settings with the easy to use Web User Interface (Web UI)
- Easy to set up and use, no software required for Wi-Fi access
- While the device is tethered via USB extension cable to a computer connect to the network as well as share with 10 devices/users (i.e., will require drivers to be installed that are on the device)
- Expand up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices sharing one connection (devices include laptops, tablets, eReaders, portable gaming systems and more)
- 2500 mAh battery provides up to 10 hours of typical use on a single charge
- GPS functionality (i.e., Location Based Services)
- Equipped with the latest wireless encryption technology so that personal data/information is not shared when lending out your mobile hotspot. It also supports the most advanced mobile security protocols such as NAT Firewall, VPN pass-through, and password-protected administration user interface
This bad boy is smaller than my Galaxy S3 cell phone and has the battery power that will amazing just about anyone. When I received it, I let it charge via USB that’s included. It didn’t take too long to get a nice charge so that I could play with it set it up. The set up was beyond faster than I was expecting. The screen is a touchscreen, which is rare for portable hot spots and it was very easy to get set up. Literally, it walks you through and within just a couple of minutes, it was set up.
We’ve been traveling a lot the past couple of months for family travels, so we’ve taken this with us for every trip. I’ve even been using it to connect to my iPad mini to catch up on work while I’m sitting in the car at school waiting to pick the kids up.
Two weeks ago, right after we got the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot, hubby and I went out on a date night and we took this. I know…. shush. Yes, we took this out on our date night. Hubby had just set up his Fantasy Football drafts, so he was curious to see how fast this would work for him to use the iPad mini to connect to his CBS Sports Fantasy App to check on his draft players. We were out at a sports grill and this place usually kicks out our service on our cell phones because it has metal walls inside for decoration, but the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot was able to pick up service immediately. Don’t laugh too hard… yes, we had to check draft statuses while we were on a date.
Just last weekend, hubby and I went to the Bears game in Chicago, so we were able to use Sprint’s NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot while we were tailgating at Soldier Field to stream music while we were grilling. Hubby was one happy man when he was able to check scores on games that were going on, as well as to check his draft status while we were streaming music. While we were at the in-laws, the kids were on their tablets and streaming movies. Also, on the road driving back home, the kids were excited to be able to use the hotspot to stream Netflix on their tablets.
The only thing that kind of annoys me is that my user name and password stay on the main screen, so if it’s open while I’m using it, someone could see my password and log on to use it. Overall, I am giddy about this product from start to finish. The size is small and very easy to tote with you just about anywhere, the set up was super fast and easy and the overall use is amazingly easy for anyone.
For more information about Sprint’s NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot, price, availability and more, please visit www.Sprint.com.