With all this Spring Cleaning, I like to make sure I have my entire basis covered. Now that my floors are steam cleaned, how am I going to keep them clean when the muddy shoes come in from playing outside? I had the chance to try out the ever so awesome Swiffer Sweeper and I have to say that I love it! I have seen them in the stores, but never really put too much thought as to how they work and most importantly.. DO they work? Yes they work and they work nicely, I might add!
Swiffer just launched the newly designed Swiffer Sweeper, a two-in-one product that features dry cloths that trap and lock 50 percent more dirt, dust and pet hair than a broom and a 360°swivel-head floor cleaner to get into hard to reach places (like corners, edges and under the couch where pet hair can hide).
What is the Swiffer Sweeper?
With all the benefits of the original Swiffer Sweeper, allowing you to sweep and mop with one simple tool, the NEW Swiffer Sweeper uses dry sweeping cloths to trap and lock fifty-percent more dirt, dust, hair and pet dander than a broom! The 360° swivel-head also helps reach into tough spots like corners and edges where brooms can’t always go.
In addition to its innovative technology, it also has new design elements:
- Stronger and deeper corner cleaning
- Soft, ergonomic handle grip for better control
- Head size to allow more utilization of cloths
- Dry cloths have been improved for better pickup of dust, dirt and pet hair
- Wet cloths have a new texture to mop and scrub to a shine
Here is what you get when you buy a Swiffer Sweeper.
Two dry sweeping cloths
One wet mopping cloth
How exactly does the Swiffer Sweeper work?
Using a redesigned technology, the Swiffer Sweeper’s swivel-head can get into hard to reach places, such as under the refrigerator, on the ceiling and even in corners and edges where brooms can’t always go. With the Wet Cloth and Dry Cloth, clean up has never been easier. The Dry Cloths use electrostatic action and new dirt-grabbing texture to trap and lock away fifty-percent more dirt, dust and pet hair, and even traps and locks small crumbs! The Wet Cloths come pre-moistened with a cleaning solution that dissolves dirt and soils for the textured cloth to trap and lock into its deep ridges. It also has a strip for cleaning up tough, dried-on messes including tough dirt, grime and even scuff marks. When finished cleaning, just throw the Wet or Dry Cloth and all the soil away.
Just when I thought my floors were clean, I use a product and come up with this:
From a mom’s point of view, this is a great product to have on hand for those times that you can’t, or just aren’t in the mood, to hard core scrub or steam your floors.
This starter kit retails for around $10.99. For all that you get with this kit, I think this is a good price for all that you get. The refills for the Swiffer Sweeper are not bad priced either. I found that they run for between $5.00 and $8.00 for a pretty large pack.
All in all, this is highly recommended! Great product! It does its’ job and is a great size to store in the pantry, or wherever you keep your broom, or cleaning supplies.
Would you like to win a Swiffer Sweeper starter kit?
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
- With Spring Cleaning in the air, post to me your plans for Spring Cleaning! We can all use all the tips that we can get!
For extra entries:
- Twitter the giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link on comment entry)
- Email friends about this giveaway
- Subscribe to my newsletter (on right sidebar)
- Add my main button to your site
- Go check out the Spring Cleaning giveaways at Rockin’ Mama and Mommy Mandy!
- Please be sure to leave your email address so I can contact the winner.
- Winner will be chosen at RANDOM and backed up by post content.
- TWO (2) winners will each receive a Swiffer Sweeper starter kit
- Winner will be contacted via Email. If no response in 2 days, another winner will be drawn
Contest will end on April 2, 2009 at midnight; central time