I don’t know about you, but my fridge is a crazy hot mess during the holidays. I wanted to share some tips to help you maximize your fridge space this holiday season.
Tips to Maximize Refrigerator Space with Design Expert Julia Burke:
- Because you’re more likely to eat items in your line of sight, stack healthy items front and center and help keep those extra holiday pounds at bay
- Organize by size to make it easy to remember where everything goes
- Designate a space just for leftovers, so that they are easy to spot, leading to easy meal prep and less food waste
- Don’t be afraid to switch things up and create large and small spaces in your fridge by re-positioning shelves
How to Store Holiday Leftovers from Food Preservation Scientist Carolina Biotti:
- Leave space in between leftovers so that air can circulate freely, allowing food to cool faster
- Crisper drawers are usually separated by low and high humidity. Store leafy greens in high humidity and thicker skinned veggies in low humidity.
- When freezing veggies, try blanching them first to help preserve color, flavor and nutrition
- When freezing meat, use air-tight containers to minimize freezer burn
With its hassle-free storage options and sleek, easy-to-use features, the Amana French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator offers the features you need at the price you want this holiday season. From Thanksgiving turkey to tomorrow’s leftover lasagna, the full-width pantry drawer stores all of your full-sized favorites.
Isn’t this fridge heavenly? One can dream, right? 😉 We are always trying to maximize the small space that we have in our tiny fridge. These tips helped us so much that I thought I’d pass them on just in time for the holidays!