I can remember, so clearly, when I was getting ready for back to school when I was a kid in the 80’s and 90’s. There was one thing that I HAD to have.. Trapper Keeper! Who can remember their Trapper Keeper’s from elementary, junior high and high school? I had two. One had a kitten on it, and the other had this horse on it.
When I was at Mom 2.0 this year in Atlanta, my heart skipped a beat when I saw that the Trapper Keeper was back!
About Trapper Keeper
Introduced in 1978, Trapper Keeper® remained a mainstay of students’ back-to-school shopping lists throughout the 1980s and into the early 1990s. In 2014 Mead® is introducing a brand new, full line of products with updated features and design elements, including:
- Snap closure – Mead has updated the closure to a super sturdy snap, making it easier (and more durable!) for students to keep their things stowed away.
- Snapper TrapperTM – Standard on all new 2014 Trapper Keeper products, the new Snapper Trapper feature makes it easier than ever to snap supplies in and out of the binder without the hassle of opening the rings, saving busy students valuable time in between classes.
New product options in 2014 include:
- Student Planners
Color options available (most commonly requested on school lists): o Red, blue, green and purple
- Customize it, Organize it, Trap it!®
- Customize It!
Decorative and functional customization allows students to modify the product to fit their unique organizational and personal styles.
- Organize It!
The cohesive platform works together as a system of tools that quickly and
easily help students get and stay organized.
- Trap It!
Snapper Trapper, secure closures, and Trapper Keeper pockets ensure contents
stay in place, while allowing for quick and easy access.
- Customize It!
The new Trapper Keeper system is a great way to help you teach your kids about color coding and the importance of organization, while allowing the student to customize their system in a way that works best for them.
When I received my Trapper Keeper, memories started flowing… so many happy memories. It’s weird how a ‘binder’ can bring back so many memories from my school days, but it did. They look the same as they did when I was a kid, they feel the same and they act the same as they did back then; they’ve just been updated for the new age.
The snaps have changed, for the better!
There is a pocket inside the Trapper Keeper; one on the inside front and another on the inside back. Perfect for toting school work back and forth from home and school.
The student planner is fantastic! I have been using mine for my own use since I’m not in school. Actually, the Trapper Keeper makes a great Blogging Planner as well!
There are also 2 pocket folders that make it easy to keep tabs on your school work, or important papers.
The Trapper Keeper Facebook page will be hosting a promotion for fans from July 7 – September 12. Prizes will be given away three times a week and will include fully-loaded Trapper Keepers and all of your ‘80s favorites (movies, music, games, gift cards and more!).
In order to enter, fans will be asked to upload their rad, original ‘80s photo or a recent shot of themselves reliving the glory days on Facebook or online at http://trapperkeeper.com/promotions.
Over the course of the Back to School season, entrants can share their photo with their friends and encourage them to enter the contest, too. The person whose picture receives the most votes will win the grand prize – a $1,000 Visa Card and a fully loaded Trapper Keeper! The runner-up will take home a $250 Visa Card and a fully loaded Trapper Keeper.
Trapper Keeper products are all sold separately. You can purchase Trapper Keeper products online at www.trapperkeeper.com, nationwide at Target, and at a variety of regional retailers.
How would you like to win a fully loaded Trapper Keeper system?
What you win:
Giveaway will consist of a fully loaded Trapper Keeper system, including:
- 1-subject notebook o 2-pocket folder
- Student planner
- Only open to residents of the United States, color options not guaranteed.
- Winner will have two weeks from the day they are contacted to respond and claim prize.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the giveaway, Mead® asks that entries include at least three of the following actions:
- Tweet about this giveaway using the hashtag #TrapperKeeperIsBack- Feel free to copy and paste this in to Twitter, or use the TWEET button above/below this post.
- Share a photo of yourself from school on Facebook and tag Trapper Keeper AND tag @MommyGogglesBlog on Facebook (Post your shared link in a new comment)
- Visit the Trapper Keeper Facebook page and enter the promotion. (Post back here letting us know that you entered!)
- Visit www.trappperkeeper.com and choose your favorite product from the new line; leave your choice in the comments
- Follow Trapper Keeper on Facebook. (Post a new comment letting us know your name and that you entered!)
- Follow Trapper Keeper on Twitter.
- Share this giveaway on Pinterest (Post your link in a new comment)
GOOD LUCK and have fun!
I was provided a Trapper Keeper system for review, by Mead. All opinions are my own.