We have been on the go all summer. When we travel, we travel with just about any toy, book and electronic that we can to keep the kids entertained on road trips. While we’ve been reviewing the Motorola xyboard powered by Verizon’s 4G service, we thought we’d download a few things that would allow us to try out the 4G service on the go.
Movies on the go
- I downloaded the Netflix app, signed up for our free 30 day trial, put some movies in queue for the kids and off we went. On our 14 hour drive, I am so excited to say that we had service about 98% of the way. The only hiccups that we had was when we were passing through no man’s land on the Kansas City Turnpike. Once our 30 day trial was up, we decided to keep our subscription going. The road trip was proof that it was a must have.
- While I have an iPad that I have been pretty faithful to, I have to say that I am more than impressed with the battery power for the xyboard. We made stops here and there, had the tablet on, then powered off for a bit, but the battery lasted the entire trip. The. Entire. Drive.
Access Files from Anywhere
- The kids streamed movies and played games, as well as I used it to get some work done. I even remoted in to my home PC to access files that I needed.
- Let’s talk about routines. When you are on a family vacation, how do you maintain your daily routines? Every night, we have a routine where we eat dinner around 5pm, the kids play for a bit, then we start quiet time by 7pm. Quiet time in our house is where the kids pick out one movie and watch it in the playroom without any talking, playing, etc. Once their movie is over, they are toned down for bedtime. Well, when we travel, we try our best to keep to our routines so the kids aren’t too far off track once we get back home. While we were in the hotel room, the kids picked out a movie on Netflix and got settled down for quiet time.
- The kids love to play games on the xyboard. Well, so does hubby.
- We even used and loved the xyboard on our recent flight to Cancun. We played games. Even Mona loved playing Solitaire on the flight.
- And we were able to track our flight on the GoGo Internet on the flight.
Want to know what some more of our favorite apps are for the Verizon Motorola xyboard? Here is a list of some of our favorite Android apps.
These are just a FEW of the apps that we love. You can find any of these apps for FREE and many more, by visiting the Google Play App Store. I would love to hear what some of your favorite apps are for the Android!
I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Savers program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.