Valentine’s Day is here, already! Are you planning on making any sweet treats for your family? I wanted to share this recipe that was created by Top Chef judge, Gail Simmons that is made using Pepperidge Farm’s Puff Pastry and is sure to leave an impression in your Valentine’s heart.
Chocolate Mint Profiteroles
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Cool: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
- All-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- thawed 1 cup chocolate chip mint
- chocolate or vanilla ice cream Chocolate sauce
- 8 peppermint-flavored hard candies, crushed
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Using a round cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 12 (2-inch) circles. Place the pastry circles onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 24 in all.4. Spoon 1 tablespoon ice cream on each bottom pastry half. Top with the top pastry halves. Drizzle the pastries with the chocolate sauce and sprinkle with the crushed candies. Serve immediately.
For more recipes, be sure to check out http://www.puffpastry.com/Check back for some of my own creations using the Puff Pastry.