What did you do this extended Memorial Holiday weekend? While we are enjoying time with our loved ones, we are also giving thanks to our soldiers for fighting for our freedom. Today, I grilled some steaks. Did you know that Walmart now has Top Quality USDA Choice Steaks? I knew that our local (well, 35 miles away) Walmart had groceries, but I never really thought too much about looking in depth at their meat and steaks until recently. I love a good steak, so this was perfect timing to check out Walmart’s selection.
We need to have a burner fixed on our outside grill, but who says you can’t grill indoors and get a tasty result? I broke out what has to be my favorite gift from my mother in law; the Wolfgang Puck double sided grill & griddle, seasoned some Walmart USDA sirloin steaks and I got to grillin’! I seasoned each of my USDA sirloin’s with some chili powder, Mrs. Dash Grilling Blends (Steak blend), fresh ground pepper and I prepped the grill with Crisco’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Once I put the seasoning on, I topped with a little bit of butter and covered to cook, while the butter grilled in to the meat. (pardon the quality – my cell phone got a bit steamed up by the grill)
What was the end result? Other than drooling all over my sleeve, it. was. amazing!
I sprinkled the plate with chili powder and about a tablespoon of steak sauce and topped the sirloin with chili butter.
- 2-4 tablespoons of butter (more or less depending on how much you prefer) This is not one single serving; this is enough for at least 10 steaks.
- Chili powder – season enough to your preference. I, personally, like it hot, so I add quite a bit.
- Take the butter and nuke it in the microwave until soft, but not melted. You can also leave out at room temperature until soft.
- Blend in the chili powder using a fork or whisk until blended completely.
- You can either put on wax paper, roll up, then freeze until hard, cut in to pieces and add on the top of a freshly grilled steak (works nicely with chicken too) and let melt or you can do what I do most of the time and just leave it in the bowl, then take a teaspoon and place a drop on the freshly grilled meat. Serve and enjoy!
The chili butter brings out so many flavors in the steak. With this plate, and when I cut in to the steak, the tang of the steak sauce and the spiciness of the chili butter made the flavor pop. Good grilling method? Maybe. Good seasonings? Maybe. Good quality meat? Absolutely! I believe that in order to get a good flavor in your steak, you need to start out with a good quality steak.
Walmart has several types of USDA Choice Steaks.
What are you doing this Memorial Day? Why not head over to Walmart and check out their steaks!
Ready to put your taste buds to the test? Walmart is so confident that customers will love the top quality USDA Choice steaks that the retailer offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee. If customers aren’t fully satisfied, they can just bring back the receipt for a complete refund.
Why Choose Steak at Walmart:
- High Quality. Walmart selects each and every steak. And, only 1 in 5 steaks qualify for the retailer’s USDA Choice Premium Beef label.
- Excellent Taste. Perfect marbling in these cuts makes them extra juicy and flavorful.
- Expertly Aged. All of Walmart’s steaks are aged for excellent flavor and tenderness.
To find a Walmart near you that carries Top Quality USDA Choice Steaks, be sure to visit www.WalMart.com. You can also find them on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Walmart and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/Walmart.
Mommy Goggles gives this product: [rating:5]
Why this rating? This is a star rating (1-5) that is based off our opinion on the product itself, use, wear & tear, price and how it fits in to our family’s lives (at home or on the go).
I received a Walmart gift card to purchase grilling materials, including Top Quality USDA Choice Steaks from Walmart. All opinions in this posting are 100% my own.